Your business needs to be using Facebook, and we can give you several reasons why:
- Numbers: The point in advertising is to reach people, and Facebook has them. As of this month, Facebook is still the leading social media network with billions of followers. It’s estimated that Facebook has around 1.4 billion active users logged on each day. You don’t have to look any further for an audience, you just have to know how to draw in the right people. Facebook’s audience insights help you determine who, specifically, to market to and allows you to gear your ad accordingly. They have several options for creating the right audience base. You can set specific demographic criteria such as age, gender, occupation and relationship status, Facebook tracks liked page history to know what interests users have, and knowing past purchase histories helps determine whether or not they’ll want to buy your product. You’ll also be able to reach people based on location. If your services are better suited for a more local clientele, tracking users in your zip code, or surrounding areas, is a great marketing tool for you.
- Make real, human, connections: Through your business’s Facebook page, users can see the person behind the brand. Share your story and let people know why this business is important to you. Do you run a green organization? Post an article about how your products are environmentally friendly. Are you sponsoring an upcoming marathon for cancer research? Get people involved by reaching out through your business’s social network. Customers, specifically Millennials, want to know who they’re giving their money to. Research shows that Millennials are civic-minded. They don’t want to just do their part for the betterment of the world, they want you to do yours as well. Customers are more likely to buy products, even at top prices, when a company’s culture or beliefs align with their own. Cause-related advertising is a powerful tool in today’s market and Facebook provides a medium for sharing your mission with consumers.
- Show and tell: Websites are great for posting pictures of products. They can, however, become time-consuming when it’s time to update. With Facebook’s instant upload options, you can post pictures or videos anytime from any place with data connectivity or wifi. With the live feed option, you can also log on from anywhere and speak directly to customers. There’s no better way to let people know how excited you are about new merchandise or services than with your own words.
- Feedback: Get your customers involved. People want to be heard, especially when you want their money. Facebook gives you the opportunity to have open discussions with clients. Ask questions, welcome comments and respond. Turn unhappy consumers into loyal customers through Facebook’s messaging service. Reach out to people on a personal, one-on-one level, providing you an opportunity to listen to customers and quickly resolve issues. Creating surveys is a great way to determine how well upcoming products or launches will be perceived. Surveys give consumers the opportunity to share their opinions about the brands they shop every day.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
10 Website Must Haves to Drive Traffic & Generate New Leads
Does your website have all 10? Learn the secrets to driving more traffic to your website, generating more leads, and ultimately increasing sales.
- Contact: Facebook has a number of ways for you to connect with customers, including a way for them to send their contact information when they want to know more about your products or services. Creating a contact form is a great way to save consumer information, get notified when a customer reaches out to you, and build new connections.
- Be the name in your industry: When customers consider where to shop, you want your company’s name to be their go to. Write articles that let your expertise shine and post them on Facebook for your network to read. Gain the confidence of your clients by showcasing your knowledge. Schedule a live demonstration or discussion and invite followers to watch and ask questions about your products or organization. Facebook not only allows you to create a sales page but gives you access to a community.
- Easy Updates: Nothing turns customers away faster than out-of-date content, well almost nothing. When consumers shop online they want recent products and/or company information. Irrelevant content potentially leads to the belief you’ve either lost interest in marketing to them or worse, you’re out of business. Facebook provides user-friendly options for quick updates to your page. Take five minutes each day to let your customers know you’re still there, and still listening.
- Rewards: Promote customer loyalty by rewarding active Facebook followers. Create a contest and randomly drop hints. Let users know they’ll have to check-in frequently to get more details. This not only generates excitement for your fans or customers, it gives you even more opportunity to reveal new or on-going products or services. Use this as another tool to grow your network. Allow followers to enter your contest by sharing your business page and inviting their friends to follow you.
- Around the clock:People spend a lot of time on social media. With a Facebook ad, your business is on display for potential customers anytime day or night. With some trial and error, you’ll know the best and worst times to post new content. It’s no mystery that working people seek out motivation to make it through their day usually right around or just after lunch, and again right before quitting time. It is suggested that you’ll reach the highest number of users between one and four in the afternoon.
- SEO help and learning: Keeping up with social media can be a full-time job all by itself. Facebook offers e-learning to help you understand how to create a page that meets your goals, speaks to your customers and reaches out to the right people. Search engine optimization helps ensure your page pops up at the top of lists when users search for businesses within your industry. If you don’t have the time to keep up with all the tools Facebook offers, an SEO expert can help get you started and keep you on target.
So, is your business taking advantage of Facebook? Using Facebook as a digital advertising and marketing tool for your business is crucial in today’s digital world. To learn more about the benefits of Facebook, contact us today.